Welcome to the Megan Kocher Wedding and Event Design, LLC Blog. We are glad you are here. Cozy up and get to reading. We have a lot to share with you and are here to offer straight forward, practical advice on everything wedding. One of our favorite things is posting about deals and ways to save, so check back often. It is our belief that with proper planning and know-how, every bride can have an exquisite wedding no matter her budget. It's all in the details...

Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Vacation Wedding Inspiration Part II: Creative Cakes

Let the fun of summer continue...

While walking through Wynn Las Vegas I had to whip out my camera and take a picture of the cakes that were on display outside of Sugar and Ice, one of their eateries. I apologize for the glare from the cases, but I didn't want you guys to miss out.

These stacked hat boxes lend themselves well to a Victorian theme. Around the cake they had pearls and other jewelry on display. I absolutely love when the cake theme spills over onto the table it is sitting on.

This cake is unique with its ruffled tiers that pay homage to the layers of a wedding dress. The attention to detail is intense and helps to draw your eye in. Intricate cakes always stand out as conversational pieces.

I felt that the opulence of this cake lent itself well to the surrounding hotel decor. I don't know if that is what the baker intended, but it's always a good idea to keep your surroundings in mind when picking out the design of your wedding cake.
Lastly, this whimsical cake lent me to believe that there was more of a personal story behind its creation. Never be afraid to let your personalities shine in all areas of your wedding. This is so much more important than being traditional.

When you sit down with your baker, be ready to think outside the box to create a cake that is daring, reflects you personally, and draws in your theme and surroundings. The cake truely can be so much more than dessert.

Happy cake tasting to you all!



No comments: