Welcome to the Megan Kocher Wedding and Event Design, LLC Blog. We are glad you are here. Cozy up and get to reading. We have a lot to share with you and are here to offer straight forward, practical advice on everything wedding. One of our favorite things is posting about deals and ways to save, so check back often. It is our belief that with proper planning and know-how, every bride can have an exquisite wedding no matter her budget. It's all in the details...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Was I Always Meant To Be A Wedding Planner?

I just had to share this piece of paper with you. It's a list my mom recently found in a stack of old papers...



Apparently, although I had no clue, owning Megan Kocher Wedding and Event Design was always in the cards for me. I was never one to drool over Tiffany, and I did not dream up the details of my big day until I was engaged. But growing up I did plan a wedding for some girl named Kristen. Too funny!

Today, the checklists I make for each wedding are about 13 pages instead of 13 points. Still, there is a lot to learn from the list of a little girl:

  1. Always double check that you have your wedding bands ready to go for the ceremony.
  2. Pamper yourself by letting someone else worry about your hair...
  3. ...and your nails.
  4. Buy yourself something new to wear on your honeymoon...
  5. ...and don't forget to pack well ahead of time. (P.S. Don't forget sunglasses! They are often left behind in all the wedding craze.)
  6. It's easy to skip lunch on the big day, but don't do it. You are going to need energy.
  7. Buy something special for each person in your wedding party. They've been such a support along the way.
  8. Pay all of your vendors.
  9. Sometimes we make notes in haste that we can't remember later. Oh well, it couldn't have been that important.
  10. Find moments to relax and unwind. You deserve it.
  11. If you are leaving for your honeymoon right after the reception, make sure your luggage is handy.
  12. Bring your dress home when the alterations are all done and it is cleaned and pressed. Who could forget this one? Most brides are dying to bring their dress home.
  13. When all is said and done... enjoy, celebrate, and eat cake!


No comments: