Welcome to the Megan Kocher Wedding and Event Design, LLC Blog. We are glad you are here. Cozy up and get to reading. We have a lot to share with you and are here to offer straight forward, practical advice on everything wedding. One of our favorite things is posting about deals and ways to save, so check back often. It is our belief that with proper planning and know-how, every bride can have an exquisite wedding no matter her budget. It's all in the details...

Friday, October 30, 2009

Taking a Step Back

No, don't worry. I am not stepping back from wedding and event planning. Actually, we've got lots of new and exciting things going on that you will be hearing about over the next several months. However, I do find that I do my best work and planning when I take time now and again to step back, breathe, and take a day to gain perspective. It's in these times that some of my best ideas come to me.

Brides and grooms, remember to apply this strategy in planning your wedding. It's so easy to get caught up in phone calls to florists, emails to the caterer, shopping only for wedding stuff... Make sure you take a day every now and again where you don't do a single wedding-related task. It's important for you and the sanity of those around you.

All I want for every bride and groom in their planning is to have a day that they and those around them enjoy. One where they can sit back and take in the full meaning of the day. If you don't do this from the start of planning, trust me, it will be difficult to do on your big day!

Wishing all of you the absolute best with your weddings,

No comments: