Welcome to the Megan Kocher Wedding and Event Design, LLC Blog. We are glad you are here. Cozy up and get to reading. We have a lot to share with you and are here to offer straight forward, practical advice on everything wedding. One of our favorite things is posting about deals and ways to save, so check back often. It is our belief that with proper planning and know-how, every bride can have an exquisite wedding no matter her budget. It's all in the details...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

About Me

To plan an event I have to get to know your aspirations and dreams. I guess it's only fair if I'm going to get to know you that you get to know a bit more about me. Here it goes...

**I grew up on the Central Coast of California.**I’ve always been into details; it’s something that my first grade teacher commented on one day. In my opinion, all of the little things add up and make a huge difference. However, we often overlook the, what I like to call, ‘nitty-gritty’ in everyday life. For me, not only paying attention to but taking care of every last little element is important.**I’ve had an artistic side ever since my mom enrolled me in creative movement as a toddler. From that day on I began my life as a ballerina.**I attended college at Arizona State University where I received my BFA in Dance Studies with a concentration in Business Arts Management. I also wrote and published a thesis all about details and graduated in three years summa cum laude with recognition from the Barrett Honors College.**While in college I worked for a wireless internet company as a jack-of-all-trades. I answered phones, helped clients, handled finances, planned all of the office events including catered luncheons, client trips, and celebrations, and created numerous marketing pieces.**Out of college I was honored to be hired by Google as an Account Manager. I worked with their tier 1+ retail clients by helping them establish and grow their advertising on the web through various Google properties. On a daily basis I dealt with the head marketing managers and CEOs of some very recognizable companies. I also handled multi-million dollar accounts and planned client visits.**I eventually decided that it was time to follow my passions for helping others, paying attention to details, budgeting wisely, and planning events. It was time to create Megan Kocher Wedding and Event Design, LLC.**Something about making lists, having budgets, and getting things done really sooths me. When it comes to events, each one is unique and each one presents its own challenges. One of the challenges I enjoy working with the most is creative budgeting. Everyone has a budget, and it fills me with joy to help people stretch their budget to fulfill their visions. The question shouldn’t be ‘Do I need/can I afford an event planner?’ The question should be ‘Which event planner is going to get me the most bang for my buck, all the while taking the stress out of the planning?’ I look forward to helping you realize your dreams by coordinating your joyous occasion…

No comments: